We have an exciting new opportunity for a Development Apprentice to join our Wellesley Team!
Wellesley Development Apprentice
Smith Dorrien House
Working Week 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday, 9:00-17:30
The successful applicant will be working on Wellesley, a new development of 3,850 new homes and associated infrastructure on former Garrison land in Aldershot.
The Development Apprentice will provide efficient and effective technical and administrative support to the development team on the Wellesley project at Aldershot.
The role will include:
Administrative support to the Wellesley Project Team - including:
• Assist management of Wellesley Community Rooms
• Help maintain data / databases as required
• General administration tasks
• Greeting visitors and answering calls
• Preparation for project meetings
Supporting Development Manager – including:
• Assist with planning and organising the project work programme
• Assist with the general project management -supervising and coordinating work of consultants and contractors
• Assist with monitoring health, safety and environmental procedures
• Diary management
• Attend meetings and keeping notes.
• Liaising with various stakeholders such as local council officers, military personnel, consultants and residents.
• Assist with the estate management of the existing site
Supporting Community Development Manager – including:
• Supporting community and marketing events – occasional weekend and evening working maybe required
• Minimum of 5 GCSEs grade A*- C (grades 9,8,7,6,5,4) or equivalent with 2 in core subjects i.e. Maths English or Science.
• Good verbal and written communication skills:
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious.
• A strong team player who can take direction as well as use own initiative.
• An interest in the property / development sector
• Driven to learn and progress - Establishing an understanding of development project management
• Knowledge of social media applications
• Experience in community engagement
• Full driving licence would be an advantage
The successful candidate will be required to have a DBS check.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to receive on the job training as well as undertake a course in Construction Management – appropriate level to be confirmed as applicable to the candidate.
To apply for the opportunity or to find out more information, please send your CV with a covering letter either by email to Info@wellesleyhampshire.co.uk
Closing date for applications – Friday 19th January 2018